These deliciously cute Reindeer Chocolate crispies are a favourite of ours at Christmas time. We usually make a batch to take with us when visiting family or for family parties.
These are super simple to make with very little effort and just a few ingredients. Even the smallest children can join in with making them.
You will need:
- Rice Crispies
- Chocolate for melting
- 4 x Curly Wurlys
- Red Smarties for the noses!
- White and black icing for the eyes
- Wash hands and then break up the chocolate – children enjoy doing this! You can either melt the chocolate in the microwave (being careful not to burn it) or, as we do, melt it in a glass mixing bowl over a pan of boiling water. The glass bowl needs to sit on the top of the pan and not touch the water beneath. Being careful not to let it burn as it will melt fast. Watch little fingers on the glass bowl as it gets very hot. Keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. (adults should do this)
- Once melted, turn off the heat and add the melted chocolate to a large mixing bowl, then add the rice crispies bit by bit until you feel that you have the right consistency. Mix gently with a large wooden spoon being careful not to over mix as the rice crispies will just all crush and turn to mush!!
- Use two dessert spoons to spoon out the mixture and into bun cases.
- Whilst the crispies are still warm (not yet set) – cut the curly wurlys up into 3-4 pieces each bar for the antlers and add them down the back edge of the crispies.
- Add a smartie to the centre – red for Rudolf! Other colours look great too.
- Use white icing tubes for 2 white eyes – let this dry then add black dots for the centres.