These Rainbow Sensory Chickpeas have been so popular.
They are super simple to colour.
You will need:
- Dried Chickpeas (Supermarket)
- Metallic or Regular Acrylic Paint
- Zip Lock bags
- Tray lined with Baking paper for drying
- Split your chickpeas equally across 6 ziplock bags
- Squirt some acrylic paint into the bag and zip up – not too much, you can always add but not take away!
- Squidge the paint around with the chickpeas ensuring that all are coated.
- Repeat for each colour required.
- Leave in the bag but leave it open for 15 minutes- keep squidging to separate and clumps.
- Tip out onto a tray to air dry – this won’t take long.
We use our chickpeas in many of our play trays. The children love scooping and pouring them into vessels and containers.